It was quite annoying for me to reach my computer and type that “192.168.0.1” into browser and login to view the Devices connected to my WiFi network (or) Simply Reboot my router.
And also the Interface is not at all User-friendly. For an instance, if you want to view the list of devices connected to your Tp-link router, you have to deal with these list of MAC addresses. The interface is not responsive and is almost impossible to use on a Smartphone browser.
But I found TP-Link Tether App, the best and convenient way to control and manage your TP-Link router from your smartphone.
What TP-Link Tether App can do?This TP-link router management app can do most of the things you would need to manage your TP-Link Router from your palm.
- View and Block Clients/Devices connected to your router
- Reboot and Reset your router
- Parental controls – Block websites for a certain device
- Configure your internet connection, View SSID & password
Setup your router with TP-Link TetherBefore you setup, please check if your router is in list of compatible devices and make sure your router firmware is up to date, your device must have Android 4.0/iOS 7.0 and above
TP-link tether supported routers
- Archer C9, Archer C8, Archer C7, Archer C5, Archer C2, Archer C20, Archer C20i,Archer D9, Archer D7, Archer D2, Archer D20
- TL-WDR4300, TL-WDR3600, TL-WDR3500, TL-WR1043ND V3.0, TL-WR841N, TL-WR841ND, TL-WR740N V5, TL-WR741ND V5 and more to be added
- Download the TP-Link Tether app for Android or iOS
- Connect your smartphone to Wi-Fi network of TP-Link router which you want to setup.
- Open the TP link tether app, it scans and displays your router. Tap on the router displayed and enter Admin Username and Password of your router.
(Note: This is not the Wi-Fi password, its the Router management password. If you haven’t set one, the default username & password is “admin”).
As you have setup your router with the app, let us see how to get things done.
View and Block/Unblock connected devicesOnce you select your router, the first thing you see is the List of devices connected to your Wi-Fi network. The List consists of icons based on Device type and Device name.This way you can easily view who is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
Setup your internet connectionWell, if you have got a new internet connection or had just reset your router, you have to re-configure your router with your ISP’s IP address, Gateway, and DNS servers.
Block Access to Harmful websites with Parental ControlsIf you want your kid to access only certain websites, you can do so with parental controls. Its the most convenient way to stop your kid from accessing websites with inappropriate content.
- Just Go to settings > Parental controls and turn on parental controls.
- Tap on “+” present on the right side to Child list and select your kid’s device (it should be connected to wifi).
- Set the schedule, the days and time, that is when you want the Parental controls to be ON. And enter websites that you want to allow under “Allowed websites”. You can add as many as you want buy clicking on “+” icon, all others would be blocked.
View your Wifi details, Reboot/Reset your routerYou can also do other simple things. Just go to settings and Wireless, and here you can see your Network name, Password and you can also disable the Wireless radio.
Goto System in settings and you can quickly Reboot your router and also Restore the settings to Factory defaults.
The Benefit of having a Wireless router is you can actually Copy-Paste text between your computer and Smartphone wirelesslyIf you have a TP-Link router, I would strongly recommend using TP-link Tether app, you can easily manage your network with that.
Hope you like the article. Subscribe to our free newsletter to get more such articles.