Because till then, I’ve (and almost everyone) been fed up with cheap and faulty Chinese electronics that fantasize people of having things that it actually doesn't have.
Low Price = Low Quality
1. Low Price – Great Specifications
Price is the most important factor, you would considering while buying a smartphone. Not everyone could afford an iPhone.
Why are Xiaomi devices so cheap?
- Xiaomi sells its product directly to the consumers through Online stores. No Offline stores. No Distributors.No extra costs.
- Xiaomi doesn't spend money on Advertising. They rely on Social Media and a word of mouth from existing happy customers. Have you ever seen a TV ad of Xiaomi?
2. Premium Hardware and Build Quality
3. Great Camera
Even the $100 priced Redmi 2 which is regarded as the best camera phone in the price range can take amazing photos and record videos at 1080p resolution.
The Newly launched Xiaomi Mi5 ($400 or INR 24K approx.) even has an Optical Image Stabilizer which you usually find only in expensive smartphones like iPhone 5s or 6s, LG g4 and so on, which cost you more than $600 (INR 40K).
4. The MIUI – Highly Customizable Android Based OS
Why is MIUI so special?
- Highly customizable – Xiaomi’s MIUI is the most customizable ROM out there. You have hundreds of Themes to change the look of the whole UI.
Alternatively, you can tweak each part of the software like the Lock screen, Notification shade, and even Boot screen individually as per your taste.
- It's Fast – No matter how rich and heavy it looks, you can move and navigate between apps faster.
- Security – The default security app on Xiaomi is extremely powerful. You can control/configure the permissions you give to individual apps.
Besides that, you have an Anti-Malware, Clean up and other useful functions.
- Regular Updates – MIUI has a huge group of developers and contributors from around the world. So the software is regularly updated with new features, improvements, and Bug fixes.
The other thing is that Xiaomi provides MIUI updates even for its old devices. so that you don’t have to worry about your software being outdated.
- The MIUI forum – Stuck with an error or a problem on your Mi device, MIUI forum is there for your rescue. The MIUI forum has a huge group of Developers, Official MIUI team and Experienced Mi fans.
Just post your problem on the forum and get your problem solved by MIUI enthusiasts in no time.
5. Better Reliability
6. No Warranty Void on Rooting
7. Removable/ No Bloatware
OK. But which Xiaomi phone should I buy?
Xiaomi has smartphones in 3 different Series. The flagship MI series, which is the high priced but still not so expensive. The Redmi series, which is budget friendly and most affordable smartphone series and the Redmi Note series, which are big screen smartphones priced in between the MI and Redmi series.
If you are on tight budget, consider buying the Redmi 2 prime 4G, which has some great specifications like 2GB RAM, 16GB Internal memory, and 8 MP camera. And sold at a budget-friendly price – INR 6,999 or CNY 599
If you like Phablets, Redmi Note 3 is a great choice. It has 5.5 inches 403ppi high-resolution display, Snapdragon 650 processor, 16 MP camera. Redmi Note 3 is sold in two variants 2GB RAM/ 16GB ROM and 3GB RAM/ 32GB ROM priced at INR 9,999 and 11,999 respectively.
And finally, if you have want a high specced smartphone, Xiaomi MI 5 is the one that suits you. The device is Launched in China and India as of now, but only sold on flash sales in India.
So… The ConclusionXiaomi smartphones have great specifications and performance and that said they very much affordable. If Xiaomi is selling Powerful smartphones at half the price of others, then why go for other brands?
So, being a Mi fan myself I strongly advise and recommend you to get a Xiaomi smartphones next time you want to buy a smartphone.
Hoping this post will give you some strong reasons to buy Xiaomi devices. Please do share any of your questions and opinions in comments below.
And… Please share it with your friends on facebook and twitter.