Most of the beginners knowingly or unknowingly waste time concentrating on things that doesn't actually help in growing their blogs. You realise it lately and then regret about it.
This is a straight forward guide to get rid of waste of time blogging activities and get more time to do actual blogging and grow your blog quickly.
1. Blog Design
2. Social Media
I really never say that it is a waste of time to promote your blogposts and interact with readers on social media. But you will be wasting a lot of time on other things like Chatting with friends, Commenting and liking posts, in the name of promoting your blog.
And as you are a beginner, you have only fewer followers. So you cannot expect a blast of traffic to your blog from social media.
So What you have to do is:
- Join 5-6 social network sites, but try to be active on only 2-3 of them that work for you.
- Make a schedule to stay active on each of these social networks. And give more preference for creating Quality content.
- Turn off any distracting things like Chats.
- Try other ways like guest posting, commenting to get traffic.
3. Blog Stats
4. Search Engine Optimisation
- You may waste a lot of time learning and applying different SEO techniques, so you cannot concentrate other important tasks like content creation, Blogger outreach.
- You may over-optimise (like keyword stuffing) your content and search engines may penalise you for this.
- You may get scared of learning & applying SEO (unless you already know SEO) and even Quit blogging.
5. Pictures for BlogpostI haven’t realised I was simply wasting time on this thing until a published a post on “Google Keep for productive blogging”. I eventually spent a lot of time for creating graphics for this post, which made me spend a more on it.
A Picture is worth thousand Words
It is indeed my favourite Quote too. But if you are unnecessarily wasting time in this task is absolutely not acceptable. If you really prefer pictures more than words why stuff it in a blog post, better combine all of them and make an Infographic.
So to be straight forward, do not waste your time on creating or editing pictures for your blog posts. Only use pictures where there is necessary, where there you cannot explain with words.
6. Shadowing other BlogsYou may be advised to observe other blogs in your niche closely (also called Shadowing), so that you can learn how they work and develop your own style based on that.
But there is dark side too for this strategy.
Reading blogs can be more addictive that you forget the thing that you too are a blogger and responsible for managing a blog. I never thought reading blogs would be waste of time. As once I examined my activities, I found Reading blogs is the main thing killing my time.
The other Waste of Time activities you spend time on other blogs include Over-Commenting, Over-following and Over-interaction on their social media updates.
The another most dangerous thing is Cloning the style of your influencers. You are not said to Clone their style, but observe them, Develop your own style and improve it day-by-day. This act could be Time wasting as you try to Rewrite your posts when you fail to write like you influencers and may even Discourage from blogging.
Final WordsMaking a perfect schedule is the most useful fix I found to be working to avoid all these kind of Time wastage. Organise every blogging task and make a perfect weekly and monthly plan for your blog. Again and again I advice to focus more on creating Quality, helpful content.
All the things I mentioned above are written based on my own experience. Which I feel may help you to find more time to blog.
What do you think?Are you wasting time on these blogging things? Did my post helped you get rid of these things and find more time to do actual blogging?
Please let me know your opinions through comment below. And please do share it with your friends if you like the post.