Whatsapp announced this feature on 21st February 2015 in a blog post on its official blog. This service is currently only available for devices running on Android, Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1, Nokia S60,Nokia S40 Single SIM EVO, BlackBerry and BB10 (not available IOS users) and only supported by Chrome browser.
How to use WhatsApp for web
- Latest version of Whatsapp(V2.11.505 or later) installed on your device with active whatsapp account.
- Google Chrome for desktop.
- Internet connectivity both on both mobile and computer.
Steps to use WhatsApp for web
- Open https://web.whatsapp.com in your Chrome web browser on your computer. Now a webpage with a QR Code will open.
- Now open WhatsApp on your mobile and navigate to Menu > WhatsApp web.
- And scan the QR code on your computer with your mobile. In a meanwhile your whatsapp account will appear on your computer browser.
Note: Make sure your mobile is connected to internet as long as you are using Whatsapp web. And connect your mobile to Wi-Fi to avoid extra data charges.
Is this article helpful to you? Do you like using Whatsapp for web? Please post your doubts and opinions in comments below and subscribe to our Email newsletter.